a vestige of thought...

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm sitting in what is my room for only another 20 minutes. I'm on Sam's bed because mine is covered in things to load up into my car and on Sam's computer because mine is packed. To be honest, there is nothing I want to do less right now than leave this place. I have had an absolutely fantastic year. I love my friends here, I love classes, I love my professors, I love chapel three times a week... honestly, there is very little I don't love. I'm excited to be going home for awhile to see my family and friends, but I wish that going home didn't mean that I had to leave Asbury.

When I was in high school, summer break meant that there were no classes any more, but my friends all lived no more than a 5 minute drive away. Now it means that they are all going hundreds and thousands of miles away and I will not get to see them for three and a half months. I can do without classes or any of the other things I listed above, but I hate leaving the people, especially these girls on my hall who have become like sisters to me. I hate goodbyes, even if they are only temporary.

My room looks so sad. The curtains are gone and all the posters taken down. The beds, desk, and dresser are back in their original, symmetrical position, and the mattresses are stripped bare. I am thrilled about moving down the hall next year, and about getting a couch, and new furniture and paint and so forth... but I can't help being a bit nostalgic at the thought of saying goodbye to my home for the past 9 or 10 months.

Sam, why does your iTunes keep playing such sad songs? :'(

On the up side, this is going to be a good summer. I'm home for a week and half or so before coming back to Asbury for a week of training. Then on May 28 (I think; my calendar is packed, so I'm not sure) my team and I leave for 9 weeks of traveling the South. I'll be back July 31, I believe, and will have almost 4 weeks at home before classes start again. I'm looking forward to it.

Check out time approaches. I had best finish up. Farewell!
posted by Christy at 12:41 PM

2 Comments:

I'm sad for you and happy at the same time. I'm very proud of you for all you've accomplished this year. And I'm looking forward to our week and a half!

Love,
Dad

3:36 PM  

i agree with dad
lisa

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home