a vestige of thought...

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sometimes I judge misinterpret people. Two distinct cases come to mind, although I know that there are more. These two particular situations jump out because my impressions of these two people were perhaps not well-founded and when I discovered their blogs weeks or months after I met them, I was completely astounded with what I learned. I am forever amazed at people's stories. No one can/should be taken at face value, because there are always things underneath that have made them who they are. People go through so many things that they should never have to and that I never would have imagined when I first met them

After reading Mere Christianity for English, I wrote my final paper on love as an action rather than love as an emotion. CS Lewis describes loving one's neighbor as truly desiring the best for them, and acting on that desire, reguardless of whether one likes them or not. It was a timely lesson for me, as I've had to [attempt to] put it into practice multiple times since I started the paper about a week ago.

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
~1 John 3:18

Any Asburians out there? I miss you. Leave me comments. (Please.)
posted by Christy at 11:12 PM

2 Comments:

Dear Christy,
I'm sorry the Bengals are going to lose tomorrow.
-Stephen

1:01 PM  

I second that.

-Heather

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home