a vestige of thought...

Saturday, December 16, 2006



Having successfully completed my first semester at college, I arrived home Thursday night and Friday morning began my month long stint of working full time at Chick-Fil-A. It has gone well so far, but my view of fast food has changed since I worked there six months ago. I can't help thinking that not only am I helping to make the country fatter (value sizing is our current suggestive sell), but I am also encouraging people to waste their money. A father came to Chick-Fil-A this afternoon with his three kids, ages approximately 5, 7 and 10. They ordered four combo meals, totalling about $21. I highly doubt that any of those children ate their entire combo meal. In fact, the average adult does not need to eat an entire combo meal. I am amazed time and time again at people who are willing to regularly shell out $5 or $6 for a single meal. That adds up so incredibly quickly! I've come to realize over the past semester at Asbury just how many needs there are out there and how many better things there are to use one's money on than fast food. Organizations such as Invisible Children or Acting on Aids, for example. The mall actually makes me sad. So much money spent on so many unneeded things when it could do so much to fill real needs. Hum.

On a different note:

This is me when I try to ski.
posted by Christy at 6:31 PM

1 Comments:

I love those things!!!!!!!!!!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home