a vestige of thought...

Monday, November 20, 2006

Caffeine is like a sparkler.

It crackles and spizzles and burns brightly, but eventually it goes out and then the darkness is as heavy as ever. I had a frappuccino this evening, because I wanted one, and because I wanted to make sure I was awake to finish the one paragraph left of my paper and to complete my packing. It's just past midnight, and I can feel the caffeine wearing off. The end of my paper is in sight; this will be no all-nighter. In fact, it should not have even been a mid-nighter, but I became distracted when everyone started milling about the hall chatting and preparing to go home tomorrow. It's odd to think of nearly an entire week without these girls that I have come to know and love. I'm very much looking forward to seeing my family and my pets and my home, but I'm going to miss hearing Courtney's cute little giggle, and perusing through the newspaper with Heather before New Testament, and talking about Latin or homeschooling with Karissa, and eating lunch with Emily, and going to not-my-TAG-group functions with Laura. And I miss pretty much everything about Sam, who left very early Saturday morning to go down to Mississippi and who has a horrible cold, or so it sounded on the phone.

I have given several of the aforementioned girls a piece of plastic cutlery with an animal on it, which they are to name and document the travels of over the next week. I hope to relate the tales of these creatures upon my return to Asbury in a week. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving, dear First Glidians! You are all very close to the top of my list of blessings this year!



Yes, I am aware that 'spizzles' is not a word. I say it is, and this is my blog, therefore no one is allowed to object.
posted by Christy at 11:58 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home