a vestige of thought...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

S is for Soccer

So... college keeps a person pretty busy. Please accept my deepest apologies for not posting more often. :P

The first week of school I had a conversation that went something like this:
Me: Someone at home asked me how I could stand to go to a school without a football team.
Other person: Did you tell them that you do, it's just the football that's recognized by the rest of the world?

I really should have said that.

The World Cup this past summer started me on the road to soccer fandom and attending Asbury has increased it. It's a rather enthralling sport to watch. The fact that I know people on both the girls' and guys' teams also makes watching fun. Go Eagles!

Apparently the Eagle mascot lives on my hall, but I don't know who it is.

How was that for an absolutely fascinating blog entry?! I've gotten out of the habit of writing and don't really know what to say. So tell me, what would you like to know?

I have learned that Friday and Saturday nights are the best times to make friends. If you hang around public places long enough at those times, you are sure to run across someone that you don't know, or only sort of know, or knows someone you know, who is looking for something to do or someone to hang out with. This is generally followed by extremely exciting things like playing cards or walking around campus or, of you're lucky and have connections with a car, going to town to do something. Then, once you know the people you've been hanging out with, you realize that they are in this that or the other class of yours and end up talking to them throughout the week. I love the fact that hanging out with random people can be so much fun. Hooray. :)
posted by Christy at 12:44 AM

1 Comments:

i think for the letter u, you should do something on ultamint frizbe.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home