a vestige of thought...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

P is for...

Pluto. Apparently it's no longer a planet. Someone posted an announcement about it on the wall in my hall. Heather, Sam, and I spent far too long trying to make up a new saying so we could remember the order of the remaining eight planets. My Very Energetic Mother Just Sold Us Napkins.

Palestine. My greatest accomplishment in the past 48 hours was memorizing all the locations listed on my map of 1st century AD Palestine for New Testament class. I'm not good at geography and I was quite pleased with my success.

Practice. I only practiced two and a half times (one time doesn't really count) for my orchestra audition, but it went really well. I made a few mistakes, but I was really happy with how it went considering how little I'd practiced. Even the sight reading went well, which surprised me. Dr. Holz even told me that I "definitely have the talent" to major or minor in music if I wanted to. Granted, the Asbury music department is not CCM, but I thought it was nice of him to say.

Porkopolis. Yesterday I had on a shirt that said "Cincinnati" and had a picture of a flying pig on it. As a result, I got to tell half the school about Cincinnati's history with flying pigs and other local things (like goetta, Skyline Chili, and Graeter's). I appreciate Cincinnati's coolness more every time I talk to people from other places. I mean, other places are cool too, but I like Cincinnati. Heather predicted me "most likely to brag about her hometown" on Facebook.

Pretzles. Pretzles have been a staple snack for me my entire life and I don't think there is a single one on campus. I guess I have always taken them for granted because I have been craving them for the past week or so. The first chance I get I am walking over to IGA and seeing if I can find a reasonably priced bag.
posted by Christy at 9:09 PM

1 Comments:

I heard a report on the radio the other day about ways demoting Pluto would affect things. The reporter noted that they would have to change "that mnemonic...uh...whatever it is." It made me laugh, because I couldn't remember it either.

Also, you've taken pretzels so for granted that you can't even spell the name. ;)

Go Cinci!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home