a vestige of thought...

Friday, August 11, 2006

J is for Jelly Beans


I really like jelly beans. A lot. They are by far my favorite candy and pretty high up on the list of my favorite foods. I like all kinds, but brands of particular note include Starburst and (of course) Jelly Belly. These two are special because they have not only a flavored candy coating, but also a flavored gel inside, giving them twice the yumminess of a regular jelly bean. See? The Candyblogger agrees with me.

Jelly Bellies have a slight edge over Starburst, mostly due to the fun factor. No matter how hard they try, the standard green apple, cherry, grape, orange, etc are no match for flavors such as buttered popcorn, juicy pear, and peanut butter. The unique flavors can be enjoyed alone or in 'recipes' (for example, two blueberry beans and one buttered popcorn equals a blueberry muffin).

The moral of the story is, if you want to be my friend, butter me up, or in any way impress me, jelly beans are the way to go. Of course, any of those things can be accomplished in other ways, but jelly beans are a good place to start.
posted by Christy at 10:49 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home