a vestige of thought...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

H is for HP Support

I got a printer a few weeks ago. It's a pretty cool printer, one of those all-in-one things that works as a printer, a copier, and a scanner. I have become frustrated with it, though, because my computer refuses to recognize that it's there. Backtrack... that's not entirely true. It does work. I can print and copy wonderfully. But when I try to complete the "Setup Assistant" (the icon has a tuxedo on, which I think is funny) so that I can use the scanner, I am told that the computer cannot find the printer. I've been emailing back and forth with an HP support person trying to fix the problem, but so far no such luck. Yesterday I got another email from her with a long, involved process to try and a new driver to install. Since it is such a long and involved process I have not had time to try it yet. Between work and my social butterfly tendencies (Ha) I may not have time until tomorrow or Thursday. I am very much hoping to get the problem resolved by the following Thursday.
posted by Christy at 7:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home