a vestige of thought...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

#2 Meet the Bennets

I'm hoping to figure out how to create speech bubbles later today, but for now just bear with me. I'm also doing this nearly completely from memory, so I do not claim my quotes to be correct or my storyline to follow the book exactly. It is all my own paraphrase. If it were not me doing it, I'd probably be angry with myself. :P

******

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.


"Oh, Mr. Bennet, have you heard? There is a ridiculously rich man moving in just next door! We must snatch him up for one of our dear girls before any of the other nasty neighbors can get him."


"Anything you say darling." (Goes back to reading book.)


Jane (on right): "Oh Lizzy, do you think he will choose me?"
Lizzy: "How could he not? You are, after all, the most reputed beauty in the county. Even though we look exactly the same."


Lydia (on the left): Of course he shall have me, for even though I am the youngest, I am the tallest (and I have the prettiest dress)"
Kitty: "Cough, cough"


Mary: "No boys for me! I don't care how rich they are. Riches are nothing compared from the wisdom I get from playing my little guitar thing that I got when my sisters chopped up the piano! And my books of course."

******

Whew. This could be a large undertaking. Wish me luck!
posted by Christy at 9:20 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home