a vestige of thought...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thank You!

Thanks so much to everyone who has sighed up to sponsor me and to those who are still considering signing up. I really appreciate it!

I hate the feeling of helplessness that I often get when I read articles like this one. When I finished reading its call to action, I sat there and thought, "What can I do, write?" Then I prayed something to the effect that if God wanted me to do something, to please set the opportunity right in front of me. The very next day, not 24 hours after reading the article, I heard about Blogathon. Staying up late, chatting online, writing random (maybe even organizedly random) things... I figure I can do that!

I chose Matthew 25: Ministries because (a) I like their mission, (b) they are local, and (c) I'd heard good things about them. I didn't know a whole bunch about the organization other than that, but the more I learn, the more I am convinced that I picked the right place. I'm planning to do a few posts about them, but I'll probably save those for the actual Blogathon (I don't want to use up all my ideas too soon!), so stay tuned.

In the mean time, what do you want to hear about? I'm working on a list of ideas to write about so that I have something to draw from at 3 in the morning (and probably before that) when I run out of fresh ideas. Be as random or as serious as you like (one topic on my list is alternate uses for hair ties). I'm also looking for a theme I could use for the whole day, so if anything comes to mind, send it my way! As an added incentive... If you sponsor me AND give me a topic, I will use your topic not matter what.

posted by Christy at 9:38 AM

3 Comments:

"one topic on my list is alternate uses for hair ties"

So, I'm glad to hear you're sticking with deep topics and staying away from the surfacy stuff! ;)

12:44 PM  

Unfortunately, I'm terrible at thinking up topics for weblog posts. I want to think of a suggestion, but I seem so far to be unable. So...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

7:04 PM  

You could give pros and cons to having each state surrounded by an ocean. I've given this some thought so I could help you out. ;-)

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home