a vestige of thought...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Stresssssssssssss

While experiementing with Mac's Mail program, I downloaded all my emails since I switched to Gmail (about a year ago) to my computer. It's so much fun to go back and read old emails. Here's a quote from good ol' Heather from last May:

"Sometimes I feel like just being shoved in an insane assylum so I could slowly rock in a chair and listen to the few marbles I have left in my head roll out through my ears."

That's about how I feel currently, except I've lost too many marbles to write it like that. I'm about ready to turn in my two weeks notice and quit life. I need breathing time, but I can't find any! I swear, I'm so stressed I may just burst into a ball of flame.

Enough venting. I have to get back to Hamlet before I dash off to my work meeting and P14. I'm on the last act (finally). Maybe I'll try out his tactic of pretending to be crazy so that no one would take him seriously. But then, of course, they plotted to kill him, so maybe I oughtn't do that. I think I'll listen to my CD of Bach's Suites for Unacompanied Cello instead. Amazing stuff.

Heather sent me this too, more recently. It was exactly what I needed to hear.

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.
posted by Christy at 2:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home