a vestige of thought...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Happy 100th post!

One hundred posts. Exciting.

Thursday is always a happy day, but today was especially happy. Orchestra went quickly, which is always nice.

Around 9:30 I babysat for the Slaughterbecks. Stephen, the youngest, turned five yesterday and was extremely excited about it. He was only 9 months old when I started babysitting for him. It makes me a bit nostalgic. This is the boy who told me (when he was three) that he was never going to get married because he would have to talk to a girl (but I didn't count). I told him to give it a few years.

Physics was fun. I don't much like science, but I do like that class. The people in it amuse me to no end. I had to leave a few minutes early to dash to musical rehearsal (but I was still late). Rehearsal went really well tonight. I guess that's relative, because the show is not up to what everyone would really like but it's much better than it was a few days ago. We had several little blips tonight, but a lot of other things went much better than usual. It's encouraging. I can't wait to actually perform tomorrow. : )

I've been in a 'try other instruments' recently. Yesterday I played Dan's cello in x-period and tonight I learned to play 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' on Laura's baritone. The latter was particularly exciting, as baritone is quite a bit different than violin. I felt pretty accomplished. (Someone came up and told me I sounded bad. Hehe. They had thought it was Laura playing, though).

I feel like I ought to write something exciting for my 100th post. Sadly, I'm not feeling too inspired at the moment. Mostly I'm feeling tired. Oh! I have a story. The pit ate my water bottle today. We were at performance level and at the intermission they normally lower us to 'tunnel' level. When going down it's not as important to clear the edges of the pit. Today, however, they decided to take us up instead. Before I even realized that we were moving I heard 'pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' and Mr. Canter says, "It's gonna blow!" I turned around just in time to get a face full of water and see the cap disappear between the edge of the pit and the wall. All my stuff got all wet. Mr. Canter says, "That's okay, I needed to wash my hands anyway."

That is all. I am going to sleep now. I predict that in the next three days I will get a combined 15 hours of sleep. Wish me luck (and caffeine).
posted by Christy at 11:30 PM


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home