a vestige of thought...

Monday, February 13, 2006

Good Song

Day by day and with each passing moment
Strength I find to meet my trials here
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment
I've no cause for worry or for fear

He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what he deems best
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure
Mingling toil with peace and rest

*Excellent string interlude*

Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust thy promises O Lord
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation
Offered me within thy Holy Word

Help me Lord when toil and trouble meeting
Ere to take as from a father's hand
One by one these days and moments fleeting
Till I reach the Promised Land

~Eric Hauck, "Day by Day"

I'm going to take a nap now.
posted by Christy at 2:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home