a vestige of thought...

Saturday, February 25, 2006

More Asbury Adventures

I'm becoming a bit lax in my blogging. Shame on me.

I came home from Asbury today. I love that place. It has taken nearly everything scary out of going to college. I met a bunch of my future classmates (they're quite a great bunch) and I'm looking forward to this fall.

I believe my interview on Friday went well. It was only 20 minutes long, as opposed to the 30-45+ minutes that most people's took. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but I'm hoping it's good. One of the Student Ambassadors told me that the longer the interview, the longer it is taking for the interviewers to get answers they're satisfied with. I find out the results in about a week, so they tell me.

On Thursday night I went to a concert by an a capella men's group called Cantus. They were AMAZING. I was in awe the whole time. They sang everything from Gregorian chants to spirituals to international folk songs to pop. I loved every second of it.

I stayed in the dorms two nights, but I was shuffled around a bit because they girl I was originally planning to say with was sick. I stayed with two girls on Thursday night, but they both went on a retreat over the weekend, so I had to find someone else to stay with Friday night. Fortunately Asburians seem very hospitable and it was not difficult to find a host.

I had so much fun meeting my future classmates! Yesterday night six or seven of us, guys and girls, all sat in the lobby of one of the dorms and talked for four hours straight about literature and plays and musicals and movies and music any number of other topics that I found extremely enjoyable. I'm hoping for four years filled with fantastic late-night conversations like that (with some studying in there now and then). ; )

I'm quite tired. I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night, though certainly not for lack of trying. *yawn* Happy dreaming.
posted by Christy at 8:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home