a vestige of thought...

Friday, February 17, 2006

To be [me], or not to be?

I am intrigued by the idea that, online, I could be someone that is not me. I could go to a random message board- or, more likely, one that I already am active on- and pretend to be someone else. I think it would be fascinating to create a new character, as if I were writing myself in a book. I could say and do things that *Christy* would not do and see people's reactions. I could try out other opinions and see if I could defend them any better than I can defend my own. Yet my conscience twinges when I think of all that, for the Bible says do not lie. I wonder, though, would that not make writing under a pseudonym a sin? This is not much different than that. Still, I shall probably refrain and just think of the fun it would be. I could get myself into a real mess, but it's an interesting notion.
posted by Christy at 8:49 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home