a vestige of thought...

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Christy's Top 25, revisited

I did this a couple of times a year or two ago, but I figure that the top 25 most played songs on my iTunes has probably changed somewhat since then, so here we go. I always find this interesting, because the results are not always what I would predict.

1. I'm Not That Girl, from Wicked- Part of this is the fact that I once let my Wicked soundtrack play over and over again for an entire day. The fact that it's my most played song, though, depresses me a bit.

2. How Deep the Father's Love For Us, Sarah Sadler- the Unashamed class hymn, which actually has been played the same number of times as I'm Not That Girl.

3. O Love That Will Not Let Me Go, Chris Rice- an old hymn that is now one of my favorites

4. Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone), Chris Tomlin- one of my very favorite old-made-new hymns

5. Come Awake, David Crowder Band- a great worship song and reminder of my life in Christ; I was introduced to this song during one of my first weeks at Asbury.

6. Popular, from Wicked, another remnant of my day-long Wicked marathon. Plus, this song is just fun and Kristen Chenoweth is incredibly talented.

7. Come Thou Fountain of Every Blessing, Chris Rice- a recording of my all-time favorite hymn (and my vote for class hymn), which is more commonly known simply as Come Thou Fount.

8. All I Ask of You, from Phantom of the Opera- from the first CD I ever purchased on iTunes

9. Come and Listen, David Crowder Band- another of my David Crowder favorites

10. Ordinary Miracle, Sarah Mclachlan- this plays during the credits of the new Charlotte's Web. I liked it, so I bought it. Apparently I listen to it a lot.

11. Give Me Jesus, Fernando Ortega- a very soothing song, and a great reminder of what is really important in this life.

12. Lucy Meets Mr. Tumnus, from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe- I love the score from this movie, and this is one of my favorite tracks. I also can't wait for Prince Caspain to come out next May. :)

13. Naked as We Came, Iron and Wine- kind of a depressing song, really, but it's pretty. I listen to it often when I'm falling asleep.

14. The Father's Song, Matt Redman- This song had huge significance for me at one church camp I went to in middle school. To be honest I don't exactly remember why it was significant, but I still love the song and I bought it pretty shortly after I discovered iTunes.

15. To Be Alone With You, Sufjan Stevens- my youth pastor used to play this one during meditative times at the end of youth group sometimes. It was one I listened to long before I became a Sufjan fan and heard anything he has done.

16. Learn To Be Lonely, from Phantom of the Opera- this one, like I'm Not That Girl, probably testify to the sorts of things I listen to when I fall into occasional moodiness caused by my singleness.

17. Fix You, Coldplay- I'm not exactly sure why this one has been played so much. I like it, but it doesn't have any particular significance.

18. Kingdom Come, Coldplay- Another one I just like. I guess I never skip over Coldplay.

19. The Word Spreads, from Charlotte's Web- This one is on my study playlist of instrumental music. ITunes must like it, because I never really pay attention to what is playing when I have that playlist on.

20. Day by Day, Eric Hauck- One I like for the same reasons as Give Me Jesus

21. Hide and Seek, Imogen Heap- Thanks to my roomie for introducing me to this one. One person's voice electronically modified to a bunch of fantastic harmonies. Cool.

22. Mai, Josh Groban- Oh Josh. None of his songs require any explanation. I'm surprised there are not more of them on this list.

23. Johnny has Gone for a Soldier, Mark O'Connor, et al- This has a nice fiddle part and I listened to it a lot when I was trying to teach myself to play it.

24. 7th Child of the 7th Child, some Celtic CD I got from Target- Another one on my study playist.

25. Epilogue: Farewell, the same Celtic CD from Target that I have on my study list.

And a few up-and-coming favorites:
~Sanctus, Libera- Latin, children's choir... need I say more?
~Raise it Up, from August Rush- a kind of gospel-sounding song, but surprisingly one of my favorites from the August Rush soundtrack (although you can't really go wrong with anything there)

Just for fun, here were the results last time I made such a list.

Labels: ,

posted by Christy at 10:55 AM

1 Comments:

my favorite ones from ur list are number 4 and 6. i am offically obsessed with Chris Tomlin's songs!!! and Popular is just downright funny. i've memorized the whole thing. remind me not to sing it for u. :p

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home