a vestige of thought...
Monday, October 22, 2007
A Reminder to Myself
1. I am only 20. That may seem to me like a long time to be single, but it's not really. I'm young, and I have time. I can wait.
2. God has given me an incredibly strong desire to adopt children. I highly doubt that God would give me this desire if he were not going to give me a husband to be a father to those children, as I would never adopt as a single parent. Again, I can wait.
3. Singleness is a gift. Then again, so are relationships. God can use both to shape people into His likeness and use them for his glory. Right now I can work on focusing on serving God completely with everything I have. I'm trying.
4. God works in his time. He is working in me, and I can see it. I want to be completely focused on Him so that He can make me into the kind of woman He wants me to be, "complete and not lacking in anything." I want to be so concentrated on Him that I don't worry at all whether or not I am single.
5. I read a quote not long ago where someone was asked whether she thought she was called to be single. She replied, "Today I am." Me too. Today I am called to be single, and I want to live that calling to its fullest, serving God with everything I've got.
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you so that having all sufficiency in all things, you may have an abundance for every good work." 2 Cor 9:8 (I think)