a vestige of thought...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

#17 Relient K is Cool

Heather is helping me out and has (at my request) made a list (in no particular order) of her top 10 Relient K lines(/stanzas).

When I Go Down

I've thrown away the hope I had in friendships
I've thrown away so many things that could've been much more
I've thrown away the secret to find an end to this
And I just pray my problems go away if they're ignored
But that's not the way it works

Breakdown
Stuck on the side of the road
Emotional overload
He’ll seek and destroy
Everything that I enjoy
But I won't be the one he takes down
No, I won't breakdown

I Celebrate the Day

The first time that You opened Your eyes
Did You realize that You would be my Savior?
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever?
And I celebrate the day
That you were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life

Jefferson Aeroplane
It seems to get much colder
When you cry on your own shoulder

Softer to Me
Life, could you be a little softer to me?
Life, could you be more gentle to me?
Yeah, I know
This is a selfish plea,
Because Christ sacrificed
His flesh on the cross for me.
But this world is hard,
It’s cruel and I wish it would be
Softer to me

Let it All Out
You said, “I know that this will hurt,
But if I don’t break your heart
Then things will just get worse.
When the burden seems too much to bear,
Remember the end will justify the pain it took to get us there.”

Pressing On

Somewhere back there I left my worries all behind
My problems fell out of the back of my mind
We’re going and I’m never knowing,
Never knowing where we’re going
To go back to where I was would just be wrong
I’m pressing on

Less is More
I pour out myself before You, oh Lord
I hold nothing back ‘cause to You less is more
And may these words, on my heart, on my lips
Somehow mean so much more than this
Jesus, I pray, just know what I’m trying to say

Getting Into You
I’ve been a liar, and I’ll never amount to
The kind of person You deserve to worship You
You say You will not dwell on what I did,
But rather on what I do
And You say, “I love you and that’s what you are getting yourself into.”

Apathetic Way to Be

The things that I take on I soon shrug off
‘Cause I know no one will ever be content
With the way things are or with what they’ve got
So I’ve given up and now I’m just indifferent
posted by Christy at 5:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home