a vestige of thought...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It has been an interesting 24 hours. Yesterday I was merrily making my way to BAYSO when I stopped at a red light at the end of an exit ramp, like any good driver. The driver behind me was not paying attention and rammed into my rear left wheel and side-swiping the door, causing over $2500 in damage. Yick. Fortunately, no one was hurt, the other guy was insured, I have a rental car (paid for by insurance) until my car is fixed, my mom was with me at the time (otherwise I would have had no clue what to do), and it was definitely not my fault so everything with insurance has gone really smoothly. Overall, this is about the best possible bad situation. In hindsight, it really wasn't bad. At the time, though, I completely panicked. I think I started screaching "My car!" really loud and I know I cried. The worst part was that I was required to call lots of people, which is always stressful for me. It did put things into perspective for me. I felt really selfish to be so upset over a luxury that so many people wouldn't dream of having. And (so I'm told) I will barely notice any damage when I get the car back. Plus, I get to drive a really cool, brand new Mitsubishi until my Saturn is fixed. The car had only 26 miles on it when I picked it up. Sweet.
posted by Christy at 9:44 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home