a vestige of thought...

Thursday, March 02, 2006

rambling... what else?

Sometimes writing just feels good.  I like to write.  Everyone knows that.  But every now and then I get into the mode.  I start typing furiously or scribbling on whatever is handy (I'm known to grab napkins and bags at Chick-Fil-A and cover every inch of them with scrawls when I have time) and every now and then come up with something excellent.  It's never as good as I think it is when I'm writing it, though.  While I'm writing in the mode my thoughts turn into Dufflepuds (see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader) andferventlyrvantly with everything I say.  "Hear here!  That's exactly how it should be said.  Couldn't have said it better.  Perfect, perfect!"  Then, of course, I read it again the next day or the next week or the next year and most often say, "what the heck was I thinking?"  

That was all pretty pointless.  Really I just wanted to say the word Dufflepuds.  I was reading Dawn Treader to Lisa earlier and I've had the word stuck in my head ever since.  Dufflepuds.  Hehe.

Something I don't like about iChat: I always forget when I have an away message up.  It's not a nice big box like on AIM, just a tiny red dot (as opposed to a green dot, which means I'm available).

My socks are developing holes.  This probably has a lot to do with the fact that I like to run down the stairs and slide across the hard wood floor.  It's quite difficult to choose between having whole socks or enjoying the thrill of floor-sliding.  

I get to sleep late tomorrow, so I think I shall go read for a bit. I'm nearly finished with The Phantom of the Opera. The book is SO much better than the movie (but then, when have I ever not said that?) More on that topic later. I'm off to enjoy staying up late.
posted by Christy at 10:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home