a vestige of thought...

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I have discovered Mae.

The band, not the girl. Though the girl is fantastic as well. Even if she doesn't read my 'blog.

This one is my favorite. The words are great, but the piano part is amazing. I listened to it about 15 times on my way to and from Physics today.

We're So Far Away

Remembering, everything
About my world and when you came
Wondering, the change you’d bring
Means nothing else would be the same
Did you know, what you were doing
Did you know? Did you know
How you would move me, well
I don’t really think so
But the night came down
And swept us away
And the stars, they seemed
To paint the most
Elaborate scene, today

How could we know, that so this show
We learned so much about ourselves
From Toledo, to Tokyo
The words were scribed on every page
And now there’s books up on our shelves
Did you know, how you would move us
Did you know, When the lights
First came upon us, and we
Saw the everglow
And the moments magic swept us away
And the young mans dream
Was almost seen so plain

When was the night
That showed us the sign
Revealed in the sky
To leave all behind
But where to begin
Throw the caution, to the wind
We’ll reach for the stars
Everything is now ours

Did you know, how you would move me
Did you know? Did you know
How you would move me well
I don’t even think so
But the moments magic swept us away
And it’s so close
But we’re so far away
It’s so close
But we’re so far away
posted by Christy at 9:43 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home