a vestige of thought...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Best of All Worlds

I love homeschooling, but I am very glad that there is one part of "regular" schooling that I have not had to give up. Ever since I was little I have loved getting up early to watch the news, see if school is cancelled and, if it is, going back to bed. Sleeping in is so much more valuable when I don't get to do it every day. This morning I woke up at my usual 6:30 and went downstairs to check the school cancellations. I had pretty much lost hope when I looked out the window and saw only a light dusting on the ground. Fortunately, Finneytown had a two hour delay anyway. I went back to bed but before I fell asleep I spent about 20 minutes savoring the fact that I didn't have to get up. Life is good.

Now I'm watching Jeopardy! and across the bottom of the screen I saw this notice (among others):

THE LITERARY COUNCIL: CANCELLATION OF APPRECIATION DINNER CANCELLED. I guess that means the dinner is on then? I hope all the attendees are literate enough to understand that.

I got my car back today. It's all pretty and shiny and working again! I'm so happy to have it back. The car repair place gave me an aloe vera plant. Haha. So, I was traumatized by being in a wreck, had to call about 80 thousand people, do without my car and everything in it for a week, and spend $10 more to fill up the tank that I do with my car, but I figure I came out ahead because now I have an aloe vera plant.

Today I spent most of my lunch time trying to figure out how to download and install Open Office so that I could open Microsoft Word documents. After reading lots and lots of information on the internet and fiddling with lots of different applications I got it to work... and then discovered that I could open Word documents all along with Appleworks. Go figure.

Random fact about me: My mom keeps carrots in a tupperware container with water to keep them from drying out. I like to drink the water that the carrots have been soaking in. Lots of vitamin A. Maybe that's why I can see in the dark better than Andrea.
posted by Christy at 7:58 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home