a vestige of thought...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mr. Darcy and His Effects

Monday and Tuesday nights I went over to Laura's to watch the BBC (5 hour) version of Pride and Prejudice. I am convinced that P&P is the absolute best movie to watch with a group of girls. Nothing gets girls giddy and giggling like Mr. Darcy, even when the group ranges in age from 13 to mid 40's (and everything in between). Plus, we had raspberry brownies from Panera.

I forget who exactly said what, so bear with me.

"Guys today should wear tail coats like that."
"Guys today would look like grasshoppers in tail coats."

On Mr. Darcy watching Elizabeth play piano:
"Look at those puppy eyes!"

On Mr. Bingly:
"He's just like a little kid!"
"Or a dog." (In a good way)

"I don't see how Jane is the beauty in the family."
"Yeah, she has no neck. It's like a continuation of her shoulders into her head."
"She looks like the Mona Lisa."

"Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy."
"What abou-"
"No."

"This is Bridget Jones's favorite part."
"What, Mr. Darcy stripping?"
"No! Mr. Darcy wet!"

On Mr. Darcy swimming:
"Wait, rewind that, I missed it."
"What's so special about that part? Is it symbolic or something?"
"Yes, it's symbolic of him (*dramatically*) washing away painful memories of Elizabeth."
"Yuck, look at how murky that water is."
"He must have washed off lots of other girls there too."

After Mr. Darcy says pretty much anything:
Everyone: "Awwwww!"

Haha. Good times.
posted by Christy at 11:21 AM

1 Comments:

I like the Mr. Darcy swimming one. Haha.

Maybe I should read that book again? Maybe I should. I'll think about it. Thank you.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home