a vestige of thought...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It could be a long summer...

I started at Clippard yesterday. Eight hours is a long time. Still, I could have to spend those eight hours a day in ways much less pleasant. I'm working mostly in the sales department. They have me filing things and making copies and stuffing envelopes and that sort of thing. Brainless tasks that I don't mind doing, but are quickly running out. They claim there will be plenty for me to do all summer, but I wonder if that's true. I am told they are already short-handed, and another woman is leaving on Friday to have a baby. I think it will be greatly beneficial to both me and my fellow employees if they would discover that, though I do not (yet) have a college degree, I am capable of higher level tasks than counting. I just need to be taught.
posted by Christy at 9:20 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home