a vestige of thought...

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

'Tis Official

I have a new job. Starting May 22, I shall be working full time at Clippard (my dad's office) doing office work and such. I turned in my two week's notice at Chick-Fil-A yesterday. I am so very glad to be able to do something besides work in fast food all summer. Here are the benefits of my new job (in no particular order):

~It pays more
~It has regular hours, so I don't have to keep my schedule open and take whatever hours I can get
~I get to wear real clothes, rather than a fast food uniform and ugly shoes
~I don't have to wear my hair in a ponytail the whole time
~It's closer than Kenwood, and Dad and I will be splitting the cost of gas, saving both of us money
~There is a microwave I can use to heat up my own lunch, rather than eating chicken all the time
~I get Saturdays off! I haven't truly had a Saturday off since I was a sophomore
~My risk of burns and other injuries is dramatically reduced. In my two years at Chick-Fil-A I've burned myself badly twice and cut myself many times. Just this morning I cut my hand while chopping cabbage.
~I will hopefully never have to look at cold slaw again
~I won't have to stand for 8 hours a day
~Much reduced heavy lifting and ladder climbing
~No peanut oil!
~No strange grease film all over everything!
~I won't come home smelly every day
~No walk in freezer! I have a small fear of getting stuck in there.

That's all that comes to mind for now. I will miss some things about Chick-Fil-A. Mostly I will miss interacting with people. I won't get to meet dozens of new people every day at Clippard. I'll miss the regular customers and am rather dreading telling a few of them that I'm leaving. I'm also hoping that this job is not excruciatingly boring. I figure the risk isn't too huge. However the job turns out, it's only for a summer. I like to hope that I could perservere through most anything that is thrown at me for that short amount of time.

My new favorite word: Diverted, meaning amused as in Pride and Prejudice. I was exceedingly diverted this evening at my sister's American Heritage Girls' court of honor when a leader praised a girl's "get-through-it-ive-ness... *pause*... er... *pause*... perserverance."
posted by Christy at 8:39 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home