a vestige of thought...

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I just got home from a girls' night at Carly's. It was actually a sleepover, but I have to get up for work at 6:45 tomorrow, so wasn't able to stay. (And yes, I realize that I'm defeating the purpose of coming home by being on the computer at 12:30.) Those girls are amazing. Haha. Though doing so would mean endangering my life, I would love to record and publish some of our conversations. They're hilarious. But I'm afraid you'll just have to take my word for it.

Tonight we had pizza, played Taboo, talked about things I would hardly admit to, dipped strawberries and bananas and pretzels and marshmallows in a chocolate fountain, and watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I think I would not have liked the movie much at all except for the people I was watching it with. For us, it seemed oddly appropriate. And Brandae fell asleep holding onto my foot like a teddy bear. Haha.

As absolutely fantabulous as these girls' nights are, they are rather bittersweet. I'm becoming more and more aware of how limited our time together is before we all go our different directions. Graduation is creeping closer and closer. It's amazing to look back and see how much each of us has grown in the time we've known each other, but it seems so horribly cruel to take people at the age where they are just beginning to know who they are and where they fit in in society and steal them away from everything familiar-their whole support system- and make them start all over. If it's a crucible to test character, it's perhaps a bit premature. Or a bit late. I'm not sure which.
posted by Christy at 12:24 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home