a vestige of thought...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Because real people just aren't good enough

Just in case you don't have any real human buddies to talk to, you can now talk to AIM Bots: AI robots that will tell you information about movies or music or pretty much whatever else you might want to talk about ("my old boyfriend dumped me, can I call you Bill and pretend you're my new one?"). And AIM puts them on your buddy list automatically, which I find to be quite in invasion of privacy. I'm having difficulty putting into words how pathetic I think this is. I mean sure, AI can be entertaining, but having robots added to my buddy list without even being asked is a bit unsettling. I deleted them. And AIM, don't you try it again. I have human friends to talk to and I'm perfectly capable of looking up movie info on my own, thank you very much.

On a different note, it snowed today. I'd been so caught up in the beautiful fall weather we've been having that I forgot it was the middle of November. Christmas is just around the bend. Windy Gap is a month from today(!). I can't say as I'm looking forward to winter, exactly, but I stocked up on tea yesterday, so I'm at least perpared.
posted by Christy at 9:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home