a vestige of thought...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Snail Mail

What is it about the mail that is so exciting? Every day when my family members and I hear it delivered (and we have ears very finely tuned to the slightest sound of the mail flap) we all rush to gather the mailbox's contents and pass them out to their respective recipients. But there's never even anything good there! It's all college letters or bills or advertisements. The last time I actually received a note of any kind was... Christmas, I think. I got a single Christmas card. There must be something appealing in reading someone's words in their own handwriting. I have had much success keeping up correspondences via email, but my every attempt at letter writing fails. Of course, it now costs over $20 a year to send a single letter each week. Internet correspondence is much less expensive, and I'm all about cheap these days.

I want to invent a font that is my own handwriting. I wish I knew now to do this. I think I shall add it to my list of things to do before I die.
posted by Christy at 4:08 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home