a vestige of thought...

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Instant Messanger gone crazy

Dad bought and installed a new hard drive for our computer and has gradually been re-installing all of our old stuff on it. Yesterday he downloaded AIM. It's not the same version that we used to have, however. Instead of whatever we had before, we now have AIM Triton (insert trumpet fanfare here). I hate it. Perhaps, as my father tells me, I just need to give it more time and actually figure out how to use it. All I know is that (among other things) it now takes me 3-4 clicks to read buddy info, whereas it used to take me one, and I cannot figure out how to see how long a person has been online, how long they have been idle, etc. The alerts don't seem to do anything that doesn't happen for all buddies. (It used to make a little box pop up with a cash register sound.) I want my old version back. Humph. I intend to see if I can find the old version to download somewhere. If I am unsuccessful, I shall go pout in the corner for a bit before giving in and using Triton anyway.
posted by Christy at 6:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home