a vestige of thought...
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
The Stuff of My Scribbles...
This afternoon I completed filling my 26th journal. And I started my 27th. My new one is incredibly cool, as you can see by the picture on the left. That letter on the cover is the first letter in the Greek word for Christ (I think) and the design is from theGospel of Matthew in the Book of Kells (a Celtic scripture book). The binding is very cool too. But that's beside the point.
Many, many times I have been asked what it is that I write so much about. So I shall fill you in. I write:
- about the days events (often in great detail)
- about anything that has stuck out to me throughout the day: something someone has said or a movie I watched or a book I read
- letters I don't intend to send (this is a great way to vent anger without making anyone else angry)
- philosophical musings
- "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Rom. 7:15. Recently this has taken up a big chunk of my writings. I write about the things that I do or do not do and try to discover my motives behind them. It is my hope that if I can understand why I do things, I can prevent myself from doing them again.
- talks for Cafe
- Bible verses that are especailly applicable to me at a given time
- song lyrics that I like
- inside jokes
- snippits of emails or IM conversations
- my reaction to things I have heard, read, or seen
- memories and dreams
- I have other people write entries at sleepovers and camps and such
- possible blog entries
- probably a myriad of other things that I have forgotten at the moment
Quote of the day:
Mom: Some guy from Spring Grove Cemetery called today to see if we were interested in buying burial plots.
Dad: Did you tell him to drop dead?